03 July 2009

took a walk with my dad today

20090702_45182
my dad has been wanting to take photos of this lovely grove of arbutus for sometime. as we were driving past it this afternoon (& bb boy was napping) we decided to stop for a quick photo shoot. i think it was the first time ever we purposely set out to take photos together (oh no - except my cousin's wedding 10 years ago) but i have to say it is my dad i have to thank for my desire, ability & maybe even a little of my photog style... our family is used to stopping to wait while dad takes photos of flowers, rocks, moss, people etc... we have been subjected to (yes mostly happily) hours of slide shows over the years (it seems the digital age has only slightly changed his methods).

20090702_45156

20090702_45166

the grove was amazing - brunt moss crunched beneath our feet, grasses swishes and chattered in the breeze. the arbutus reached up majestically from the black soil, red arms, peeling and achy touched the blue blue sky.

while my dad took photos of the arbutus i took photos of almost everything else & together we took several minutes out to track down an adorable little quail! walking with my dad is like walking around with an encyclopedia or nature book - he knows pretty much everything (i might have learned a thing or two from him about this too). it was nice though brief walk (mom called to say bb boy woke up crying) i'm glad we took time to stop (instead of just talking about it)...

20090702_45198


2 comments:

tNb said...

Funny, I was thinking about Daddy Bravo's slide shows just yesterday. The grove photos are beautiful, almost as beautiful as the words you've used to describe the moment. x

SCW said...

wonderful - the photos, walking with dad & the report. Actually, I'm a little weepy thinking about it.