25 May 2009

treasured

Shutter sisters ask: "Do you have a tricket, a charm, a tiny thing on your dresser, on your windowsill, that makes you a little bit stronger, that leaves you a little more happy? "

treasures, mementos & keepsakes - i am a collector of memories & things that make me smile. perhaps it can be said that i put meaning into too many things or too much meaning into some things. shells & rocks & postcards - i still have i have 50 franc banknote & a paris metro ticket in my wallet. regardless, each little item reminds me of a moment or a feeling or mostly importantly, that i am loved:

& i have hundreds of pieces of beach glass from all around the world (my hub indulges my beach combing obsession) but i keep one piece in the pocket of my camera bag - it is small & white & not the most beautiful of the lot but it is the most precious ( my husband picked up for me one day when i wasn't there...) truly unexpected & treasured.

precious

3 comments:

tNb said...

Ha! My purses and pockets are filled with concert, train, bus and airplane tickets. I spent an hour yesterday trying to take a decent photo of my treasure ... I really do need to learn how to use this camera soon!

djbeat said...

which treasure tango?

SCW said...

Oh - I always knew your hubby was a keeper, and now I know why! Any man who will pick beach glass for you is special indeed! Sometimes it really is true - the best things in life ARE free.