05 May 2009

111 days & counting


baby boy is 8 months old today - things have changed so much for us - all of us. 

the incomparable tango once commented, after spending time with me & my bump in public, that she hadn't realized that baby bumps (and the babies that follow) are public domain. before getting pregnant - i think i expected that to bother me & though few people asked to touch my once massive belly - i let them (perhaps it was because of my own utter fascination with it)... and now i smile when strangers say hello to bb boy (thankfully few of them have been inclined to tell me what he needs or how to deal with him).

further to this new knowledge - who would have thought that i would knowingly & purposely stick my nose to someones bum to smell for poop - yet this is now a regular occurrence (bb daddy & i laughed out loud as we drove by a couple on the street yesterday - the dad hooked a 2 year old's waistband & held a dangling butt up to his nose - then held the same butt up to the mom with a questioning look on his face).

i literally jumped with joy when he went down for a nap in his crib the other day (better late than never); in three days he has gone from stepping on his own feet to stepping with purpose & really going places (of course with my help) and i love that he is eating whatever we give him & loving it (his chewing makes me laugh every time)!

ah baby.


3 comments:

tNb said...

I do hope this blog will still exist in 112 days ... how else will I know where your nose has been? x

SCW said...

the countdown counter makes me sad :(

Liz said...

that photograph is absolutely beautiful.