12 June 2009

awakening


how is it that i can live 30 metres from the beach & not be drawn to it every day? how is it that i can be simply wandering - looking @ shells & beach glass & oddities then be suddenly & physically struck but the scent of the ocean like i have not encountered the scent for years?

it happened to me today - a moment to myself (bb boy & bb daddy were playing in the grass) i bent over to pick up a piece of glass & it hit me! the scent of blue & green of shells & seaweed - it was rich & moist & it reminded me of home even though i was already there.


3 comments:

tNb said...

I love those moments. It's amazing how powerful a scent can be, sometimes just opening a dusty, old book can transport me to another time, another place.

georgia b. said...

lovely photography blog.

found you through a comment on serendipty.

mtw said...

That's an important awareness in life. Sometimes we concentrate on the small things and totally miss the greater. Once in a while we just have to lift our head and take in the big picture - I think it helps keep everything in perspective.
I'm glad you can do that.