29 April 2009

been waiting for this

20090423_40206

well not 'waiting' really, just hoping each spring (if i remember that the tulips are coming) or cursing myself each may (when i forget). i have known about the la conner tulip festival for years (maybe 16 years since my sister lived on whidbey island) & have always wanted to see it. in fact, i have taken the trip twice only to arrive too late (who's to know that tulips don't actually follow the perrenial dates of the festival itself & the festival doesn't follow the tulips...)

so we made it this year!

20090423_40124

& was a perfect day!

20090423_40134

3 comments:

SCW said...

one of these days I'm going to get there - though I may have to borrow my nephew to have such perfect pics of the day. :)

tNb said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Do they know you were tromping around the middle of the field squashing all the pretty tulips ...? ;-)

djbeat said...

no tulips were harmed in the making of these photos...