26 February 2009

emerging artists

we visited the vancouver art gallery yesterday & i must say it completely renewed my interest in and appreciation of their curated exhibitions. we signed up for a membership hoping that we will visit often & it will be somewhere that baby boy continues to enjoy (yesterday he was completely mesmerized for 2 solid hours & didn't even nod off)...

we hit two floors - i loved the amazing & accessible collection of mostly canadian abstract art in "enacting abstraction" (the weirdest thing was my husband kept saying "hey that was in my first girlfriend's living room" & it turns out at least 8 of the pieces were donated by her dad). i also liked the exhibit called "how soon is now" (a selection of recent art from b.c.).  someone that stood out for me (which means he made me smile as well as pulled off some quality work) was brendan tang

No comments: